On this page, you'll find all the information about what data we collect about our visitors and customers and how that data is used. We've described everything as clearly and concisely as possible and avoid legalese as much as possible, so that you can make sense of all this without needing a law degree.
We regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy information. If we plan to use personal data for a new purpose, we update our privacy information and communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing.
If there is anything in this policy that you do not agree with, please do not continue to access, browse or use this website.
Who We are
Company name : Marike Designs (Pty) Ltd
Company registration number : 2016/146420/07
Company Address : 60 Libertas Ave, Table View, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.
Contact Number : +27823402289
Information Officer email address : email@example.com
What Data We Collect
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called "cookies" and Web server logs to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site, your IP address.
Marike Designs (Pty) Ltd supports and respects a person’s right to privacy and to the careful management of any personal information that Marike Designs (Pty) Ltd is required to collect in order to provide products and services.
We will do all that is reasonable to ensure your personal information is kept secure and up to date. However we are unable to guarantee that your personal information will be 100% secure.
How we use your data
• performing and providing the services of Marike Designs (Pty) Ltd
• informing you of changes made to our Web site
• sending you a quote, electronic tools and downloads requested by you
• providing you with support and requested information
• improving our service to you by analysing it for trends
• sending you marketing material (including electronic communications) relating to other solutions you might be interested in. You can unsubscribe from our communications at any time and thereafter we will not market to you
• For security, administrative and legal purposes
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a Web site, that site's computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each Web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a Web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Here you can find out more about "What cookies we use in our products" .
Cookie Use for Retargeting
We may use Google Analytics and the Google advertising network as well as other advertising networks to display ads across the Internet, based on your visit to our website.
Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet. Our site and third-party vendors, use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on past visits and pages visited on this website.
Our site as well as third-party vendors may use third-party audience data to further optimize advertisements displayed. You can opt-out of this kind of advertising anytime, here and here.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as “traffic data” so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
Data we collect in more detail
We've broken this down into sections to make it easy to understand what data we collect:-
1. As a visitor
2. Signing up to our newsletter
3. Purchasing a product
1. As a Visitor
You're a "visitor" if you browse the our website but don't submit any personal information about yourself. For example, if you visit this website and take a look through our blog content, our sales pages and knowledge base without signing up for anything, then you're a visitor. As a visitor, the website uses several third party services that act in order to provide you with a better experience and allow us to optimize our content.
The following third parties have limited access to some of your data:-
◦ We use Google analytics to gain an overview of how our site is being used, how to improve user experience, what content to create and similar decisions all focused on improving the experience for our visitors.
◦ We may integrate Google Analytics with Google Adwords so that we can measure the performance of our paid advertisements.
◦ We may use Facebook conversion tracking to understand how our Facebook ads are performing.
• Social sharing tools
◦ Some of the content on the site includes social sharing widgets to quickly allow you to share content with your network. Some of these services gather data about you, if you are logged in to these social networks while visiting our website. Please see the privacy policies of the social networks for further information.
2. Signing Up to Our Mailing List
On this site, we display various forms that allow you to sign up to our mailing list. When you sign up through one of our forms, we'll commonly ask you for the following data:-
• Email address
• General Location
We'll also collect the following:-
• Which form you filled out
• Referrer URL (the URL that you led you to the page that you signed up through)
• Your IP address
We store this data on our site for the following reasons:-
1. Compliance - to keep a record of where our leads came from
2. Testing - to optimize and improve the newsletter sign up forms that we display
3. Relevance - we try not to show a form that you've already signed up for
The data that you submit is also added to a third party service called Google Sheets, ClickUp. This is a tool that we use to send email communications to you.
3. Purchasing a Product from Us
When purchasing a product from us, we may collect the following data:-
• First name
• Last name
• IP address
• Email address
• Billing address
• Shipping Address
• Country of residence
• Post code
• Bank details
Any payments made on our Website are processed by our partner payment gateways. Your credit card details are encrypted and stored with the payment gateway and so these details are not visible or available to Marike Designs (Pty) Ltd or the staff of Marike Designs (Pty) Ltd. If you have a query please contact the payment gateway directly.
Please note that this data is captured when you submit an order on our checkout page regardless of whether you complete the purchase of the product through our payment processor.
This data is required for the following reasons:-
1. Compliance - we have a duty to understand what country you are resident of so that we can charge the correct VAT amount. We must also keep a record of this data for tax audit purposes.
2. Integration with our payment processor - we collect address personal data such as your name, email and address to integrate with our payment processor (the service we use to collect payments)
3. Product delivery - In order to give you access to the products that you purchase and to our support team, we need to create an account using your name and email address.
We also send your name, email address and product tag to our email service provider called Google Sheets, ClickUp. This allows us to send you emails about product updates (such as new features that have been released), training courses and any other information related to the product that you've purchased. These emails are designed to improve your product experience but you can opt out at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email you receive.
Product or Services Review
When you provide a rating or review of a Product or service, you consent to us using that rating or review as we deem fit, including without limitation on our Web site, in newsletters or other marketing material. Your first name that will appear next to that rating or review. If you do not agree to this, please do not put any ratings or reviews on the Website. We will not display your Last Name, nor any of your contact details, with a rating or review.
Who has access to your data
Your personal information will be available only to those Marike Designs (Pty) Ltd employees, consultants or representatives that are required to provide the goods or services that you have requested. These individuals are trained in the requirements of the act and there are signed agreements or policies in place.
Your Right to Modify Your Data
You have the right to modify personal data that we hold about you. You can modify your data by logging into the our site and navigating to the "Account" page or contact us via our contact page and request any changes. If you're having difficulties updating your data, let our support team know and we'll make the change for you.
Your Right to View Your Data
You have the right to see the data that we store about you. To request a file containing all your data, let us know by contacting via our contact page. We will reply to your request within 24 hours and will provide you with a file to your email address as soon as we've gathered the data. The data will be provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format for portability.
Your Right to Have your Data Deleted
You have the right to request that we delete data that we store about you.
If you would like to stop receiving our email newsletter then you can click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any of our emails. This will unsubscribe you from any future communications. If, for some reason, this doesn't work then let us know and we'll remove you manually.
We can also delete all of your data from all systems that we own and operate. This includes all of the above. Please note that If you've purchased a product or membership from us we are obliged to keep a record of the purchase. This will mean keeping a record of your billing address, contact details and purchase details. We do this to fulfill our obligations to the tax authorities and remain compliant.
• We don't sell your data to any company for further processing, marketing, profiling or any other reason
• We integrate with certain third party services for the purpose of improving the overall user experience and to optimize certain business processes.
• Any data we hold about you, we do so for necessary and legitimate business reasons
• You can request to view, modify and delete any data that we hold about you.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Message me, let's chat about your budget and the next step to get your business presentation designed professionally.
YOUR Email Address
how did you find me?
or mail me directly:
where are you based?
Get a response within 24hrs!
I'll be in touch soon
Connect with me on Linkedin
Did you forget to say something? Go back to the form